Directions: Fill in the blanks for your section only.
Use a dictionary if you need to.
Group 1: How to Reduce Global Warming
- _________________ pounds of carbon dioxide are
released by each person each year.
- One way to reduce global warming is to ____________
the dishwasher only with a _____________ load.
- Also, if you ___________ less hot water, that will
reduce water usage. That may mean taking ________________ showers.
- You should also _____________ your thermostat. A
_______________ is piece of equipment that keeps your heat at a consistent
- It is important to also __________________ or
_____________ air filters in your car and home. It will help clean the air.
Group 2: What are Fossil Fuels?
- Fossil fuels are a type of non-renewable energy. They
come in three different types:
__________ is found in ________________________________.
__________ is found __________________________________.
__________ is also found _______________________________.
Group 3: What Causes Global Warming?
- _____________________ and ____________________ are the
biggest causes of global warming.
- _____________________________ is the biggest source of
Group 4: Ways to Lower Carbon Emissions
- Choose ________________ _________________, which is a
type of renewable energy.
- _______________________ energy is energy that can
be created or used again. _________________________ energy is energy
that is gone forever once it is used.
- If you _______________ energy at home, it will
___________ your fuel bills.
- 25% of energy we produce is energy to
_____________ and __________ our homes and to power
- Also, if you _________ __________ on your car
journeys, you will save money on _________________.
- Around 22% of all car journeys are ________ than
one mile, and 42% are ____________ _____________ __________
- __________ ___________ is the _______________ growing
source of carbon emissions.
- Finally, we must _______________ waste and
Group 5: Results of Global Warming
- One result of global warming is ____________ and
- A ______________ is a long period of extremely dry
weather. There is not enough rain.
- A ______________ is a big fire that moves quickly
across dry land.
- ______________ temperatures increase _____________
and increase evaporation of ____________. This makes the earth very hot
and dry, which leads to drought and wildfire.
- There are also more intense ____________________ and
more heat waves.
- A heat wave is a period of unusually ___________
weather, which leads to heat-related _______________.
- The ___________ will also get _____________. This may
lead to more __________________ and ________________ hurricanes. When there
is warmer water in the oceans, there is more ______________ in storms.
- Finally, another scary result of global warming is the
________________ of temperatures which may destroy _________________ and