Practice Social Studies Tests
· To become familiar with the formatting on the GED Social Studies test.
· To observe the type of problems one may see on a Social Studies test.
· To practice taking a Social Studies test.
· To increase knowledge and problem solving skills in the Social Studies arena.
· To increase vocabulary and reading comprehension for the GED or other educational goals.
· To complete practice Social Studies tests
Before taking the practice Social Studies tests, you may want to complete the activities available on the Social Studies home page. Click here http://www.nwlincs.org/mtlincs/pilotproject/socialstudies/socialstudiesindex.htm .
For practice tests:
Click here: http://testpilot.isbe.net/ISBE/SS/2001_4/index.html?USER_ID=student .
Click here: http://www.tea.state.tx.us/student.assessment/resources/online/2003/grade8/socialstudies.htm.
Click here: http://www.tea.state.tx.us/student.assessment/resources/online/2003/grade10/socialstudies.htm.
Feedback and Review:
For trivia questions, click here: http://www.triv.net/qmenu.htm.
Transfer of Knowledge or Skills:
The official practice test of the GED is sponsored by Steck Vaughn. You must register at their site; registration is free. Once you register, you may take their practice GED Social Studies test. Click here: http://www.harcourtachieve.com/c/@RS9tvfB497YNk/Pages/userpreg.html?nocache@1+frompage@PG_556.