AIDS: The War Within -- http://www.msichicago.org/exhibit/AIDS/AIDShome.html
Click on “AIDS lifecycle” and answer the following questions.
1. List the four ways HIV is transmitted.
2. List three ways in which the immune system fights off illness.
3. How does the virus enter and infect the cell?
4. Read how scientists are working to stop the virus at this stage. (Click on “stop the virus”.) Why does this not work so well?
5. How does the virus’s genetic information (RNA) trick the cell’s genetic information (DNA)?
6. How do new pieces of the virus reproduce?
7. When is HIV considered AIDS?
8. How does a person with AIDS usually die?
Click here F to return to Virus/Bacteria Activity.