To listen to and read real world stories on the California Distance Learning Project
To complete activities in the following areas:
· main idea
· drawing conclusions
To practice listening skills in a shorter form, click on one of the following categories that best matches your listening skills:
· Beginning Listening Activities I
· Beginning Listening Activities II
· Low Intermediate Listening Activities
· Intermediate Listening Activities
· Advanced Listening Activities
1. Print this page so that you do not have to keep clicking back for directions.
2. To go to California Distance Learning Project, click on the following address: http://www.cdlponline.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=homepage .
3. Click on one of the eleven categories: working, law and government, family, school, health and safety, housing, money, science and technology, services, going places, or nature.
4. Then click on the story you want to read. All stories have sound; some stories have video.
5. Click on LISTEN and listen to the story while you read it.
6. After reading the story, click on NEXT. This will take you through a series of activities. Just follow the directions on the screen.
7. Complete the following activities on the computer:
· MULTIPLE CHOICE
· MAIN IDEA
8. Once you complete the activity, you may email the results to your teacher.
Feedback and Review:
Complete the following activity and turn in to your teacher::
Title of the Story
· What was the main idea of the article?
· What main points were made in the article?
· What is your opinion regarding the topic?
Transfer of Knowledge or Skills: