Subtraction of Whole Numbers
· To develop an understanding of what subtraction is and how to subtract whole numbers
· To practice basic subtraction facts
· To increase speed in recalling basic subtraction facts
· To practice whole number subtraction problems
· To become skillful in doing whole number subtraction problems as needed for the GED or other educational goals
· To correctly complete 35 problems using basic subtraction facts in one minute in a Timed Drill
· To correctly complete a whole number subtraction worksheet
1. To see if you need to practice your basic subtraction facts, click on this Timed Drill: http://home.indy.rr.com/lrobinson/mathfacts/mathfacts.html . On the left side of the page, make sure subtraction is the only skill checked. Practice the Timed Drill until you have reached at least 35 correct in one minute. Your form should look similar to this:
2. To see if you need to practice subtraction problems, click here: http://www.rhlschool.com/worksheet.php4?option=subn0n Click on 3 digit Subtraction. If you scored less than 18 correct on the worksheet, go to New Instruction.
To develop an understanding of what subtraction is and how to subtract whole numbers, click here: http://www.kidsolr.com/math/math.html. Click on Subtraction.
Feedback and Review:
1. To increase your speed, click here: http://home.indy.rr.com/lrobinson/mathfacts/mathfacts.html. Practice the Timed Drill until you have reached at least 35 correct in one minute.
2. To practice your subtraction problems, click here: http://www.rhlschool.com/worksheet.php4?option=subn0n. Complete the worksheet.
3. To continue practicing, click here: http://www.mathtestprep.com/cgi-bin/m.cgi?FT=18&F=FOUR11. Complete 25 problems correctly.
Transfer of Knowledge or Skills:
1. For a final worksheet, click here: http://www.edhelper.com/numberwordsearch/number_wordsearch135.htm . If you do not have 18 of the 20 problems correct, go to the following:
· Timed Drill:
o Activity: http://home.indy.rr.com/lrobinson/mathfacts/mathfacts.html or
· New Instruction:
o Activity: http://www.kidsolr.com/math/math.html or
· Feedback and Review:
o Activity: http://www.mathtestprep.com/cgi-bin/m.cgi?FT=18&F=FOUR11
2. When you have successfully completed this activity, go back to the math home page.