Math Placement Test Preparation
To practice algebraic skills
To understand algebra concepts
To increase algebraic knowledge and problem solving skills
To better prepare for college math placement tests
To practice additional calculator skills
To improve the results on the college math placement test
To complete algebra activities
Quick review on Algebra I and an interactive quiz, click here http://library.thinkquest.org/20991/alg/index.html. Click on “Visit site”.
Interactive multiple choice questions, click here http://regentsprep.org/Regents/core/questions/topics.cfm?Course=MATH and complete the “03 Operations” and “07 Patterns and Functions” sections. If you cannot correctly answer 16 of the 20 questions in each section, go to the New Instruction below.
To see some Algebra Study Tips, click here http://algebrahelp.com/resources/studytips.htm .
1. Solving algebra problems instruction (Introduction to Algebra), click here http://www.mathleague.com/help/algebra/algebra.htm. Short and sweet.
2. Basic Algebra site, click here http://www.intmath.com/BasicAlg/BasAl.php.
3. Algebra lessons on many topics, click here http://algebrahelp.com/lessons/ and complete all the topics needing review. There are multiple pages in each lesson. To return to the Lesson Index, click on “Lessons”.
4. More Advanced Algebra explanations, multiple examples and practice problems, click here http://www.sosmath.com/algebra/algebra.html.
5. College algebra tutorial site, click here http://www.math.armstrong.edu/MathTutorial/. This site covers concepts of algebra, equations and inequalities, functions and graphs, and exponential and logarithmic functions.
Feedback and Review:
Algebra and geometry topics review, click here http://regentsprep.org/Regents/math/math a.cfm. Go through each of the Math Home Page topics listed below and complete the lessons (L) and the practice (P).
· Mathematical Reasoning
· Numbers and Numeration
· Modeling/Multiple Representation
· Patterns and Functions (Note the calculator instructions)
Practice algebra worksheets, click here http://algebrahelp.com/worksheets/. Complete as many of the topics below as possible.
· Basic algebra concepts
· Advanced simplifying
· Negative Exponents
Generate a worksheet covering the areas that you need to practice, click here http://www.math.com/students/worksheet/algebra_sp.htm.
Refresher notes on 15 algebra topics, click here http://www.motivatingmath.com/html/math_notes.html#algebra.
Math worksheets with solutions in PDF format (Basic Math to Calculus III including logic and statistics), click here http://www.clc.mnscu.edu/kschulte/mathworksheets.html.
Tutorials on Beginning Algebra, click here http://www.wtamu.edu/academic/anns/mps/math/mathlab/beg_algebra/index.htm .
Advanced math site including a glossary, click here http://www.math.niu.edu/~beachy/aaol/contents.html#index. This is a higher level reading site.
Algebra II instruction and interactive quizzes, click here http://library.thinkquest.org/20991/alg2/index.html.
Pre-calculus and calculus site (following review of Algebra I and II), click here http://library.thinkquest.org/20991/calc/index.html.
Transfer of Knowledge or Skills:
Interactive Algebra skill review, click here http://www.themathpage.com/alg/algebra.htm .
On-line Multiple-Choice Questions, click here http://regentsprep.org/Regents/math/math-a.cfm and scroll down one screen. Complete the 20 questions in each of the seven sections.
Review test on Algebra I, click here http://www.sparknotes.com/math/algebra1/review/test.html.
Algebra quizzes on various topics, click here http://library.thinkquest.org/20991/quizzes/index.html. Try the Algebra II quizzes for a challenge.