Division of Fractions
· To develop an understanding of how to divide fractions
· To practice fraction division problems
· To become skillful in doing division fraction problems as needed for the GED or other educational goals
· To successfully complete a fraction division worksheet
To develop an understanding of division of fractions, click here http://www.math.com/school/subject1/lessons/S1U4L5GL.html. Do Step 1 through Step 4.
To continue developing your understanding of division of fractions, click here http://www.math.com/school/subject1/lessons/S1U4L8GL.html. Do Step 1 through Step 4.
Feedback and Review:
1. To practice your fraction division problems, click here http://www.visualfractions.com/. Scroll down to Divide Fractions and complete all three sections. Read the instructions at the bottom of the page and complete correctly 20 problems at the top of the page and return here.
· Divide Fractions with lines or Divide Fractions With Circles will give instruction and practice in dividing fractions. Each example will show visually how the divisor will fit into the dividend a whole number of times.
· Divide Fractions-Strict will give more instruction and practice in dividing fractions. Each quotient might be a number less than one or a mixed number larger than one. The quotient must be entered in lowest terms.
2. To continue practicing your fraction division problems, complete the following. Read the explanations and complete the practice. Do 20 problems at 90% correct or better.
1. click here: http://www.aaamath.com/B/fra66ox2.htm.
2. click here: http://www.aaamath.com/B/fra66px2.htm
Transfer of Knowledge or Skills:
1. If you want continued practice on division of fractions, return to:
· New Instruction:
o Activity 1 http://www.math.com/school/subject1/lessons/S1U4L5GL.html or
o Activity 2 http://www.math.com/school/subject1/lessons/S1U4L8GL.html or
· Feedback and Review:
o Activity 1 http://www.visualfractions.com/ or
o Activity 2 http://www.aaamath.com/B/fra66ox2.htm or
o Activity 3 http://www.omegamath.com/Demo/k2.4.html or
o Activity 4 http://www.aaamath.com/B/fra66px2.htm
2. When you have successfully completed this activity, go back to the math home page.