· To develop an understanding of the process of rounding numbers
· To practice rounding of numbers
· To become skillful in rounding decimal numbers as needed for the GED or other educational goals
· To complete correctly a worksheet on rounding decimal numbers
To create a worksheet on rounding decimal numbers, click here http://www.mathbuilder.com/cgi-bin/m.cgi?FT=2&F=DECIMAL3. If you scored less than 27 on the worksheet, you will want to develop your understanding of rounding decimal numbers.
To develop your understanding of rounding of decimal numbers, click here http://www.aaamath.com/B/est.htm. Click each of the following pages, read the explanation and complete the practice. Do 20 problems in each practice at 90% correct or better.
· Nearest Ten
· Nearest Hundred
· Nearest Thousand
· Nearest Ten Thousand
· Nearest Hundred Thousand
Rounding Decimals to:
· Nearest Hundredth
· Nearest Tenth
Feedback and Review:
1. To review rounding, click here http://www.kindermagic.com/real_math/rnd_dec.html. If you need a hint, click on the Example button. Complete 20 problems with 18 correct.
2. For another activity on rounding decimal numbers, click here http://www.bbc.co.uk/education/mathsfile/shockwave/games/roundoff.html. Click on Start and work the problems until your score is 20.
Transfer of Knowledge or Skills:
1. To create a worksheet on rounding decimal numbers, click here http://www.mathbuilder.com/cgi-bin/m.cgi?FT=2&F=DECIMAL3. If you scored less than 27 on the worksheet, go back to the following:
· New Instruction
o Activity http://www.aaamath.com/B/est.htm or
· Feedback and Review:
o Activity 1 http://www.kindermagic.com/real_math/rnd_dec.html
o Activity 2 http://www.bbc.co.uk/education/mathsfile/shockwave/games/roundoff.html
2. When you have successfully completed this activity, go back to the math home page.