Multiplication of Decimal Numbers
· To develop an understanding of what multiplication is and how to multiply decimal numbers
· To practice decimal multiplication problems
· To become skillful in doing multiplication decimal problems as needed for the GED or other educational goals
· To correctly complete a decimal multiplication worksheet
To create a worksheet on multiplication of decimal numbers, click here http://www.mathbuilder.com/cgi-bin/m.cgi?FT=2&F=SIX28. After you finish the first 16 problems on the worksheet, correct it. If you complete less than 14 correctly of the first 16 problems, go to New Instruction.
To develop an understanding of multiplication of decimal numbers, click here http://www.math.com/school/subject1/lessons/S1U1L5GL.html. Do Step 1 through Step 4. Complete 10 problems on Step 4.
Feedback and Review:
1. To practice your decimal multiplication problems, click here http://www.kindermagic.com/real_math/dec_mul.html. Successfully complete 20 problems.
2. To continue practicing your decimal multiplication problems, click here http://www.aplusmath.com/Worksheets/OnlineDecimalMultiplication.html. Select: 3 by 2, 20 problems, and Horizontal. Complete the worksheet with a score of 90% correct.
Transfer of Knowledge or Skills:
1. To create a worksheet on multiplication of decimal problems, click here http://www.mathbuilder.com/cgi-bin/m.cgi?FT=2&F=SIX28. If you complete less than 14 correct of the 16 problems, go to the following:
· New Instruction
o Activity http://www.math.com/school/subject1/lessons/S1U1L5GL.html or
· Feedback and Review:
o Activity 1 http://www.kindermagic.com/real_math/dec_mul.html or
o Activity 2 http://www.aplusmath.com/Worksheets/OnlineDecimalMultiplication.html
2. When you have successfully completed this activity, go back to the math home page.