Addition of Whole Numbers
· To develop an understanding of what addition is and how to add whole numbers
· To practice basic addition facts
· To increase speed in recalling basic addition facts
· To practice whole number addition problems
· To become skillful in doing whole number addition problems as needed for the GED or other educational goals
· To correctly complete 35 problems using basic addition facts in one minute in a Timed Drill
· To correctly complete a whole number addition worksheet
1. To see if you need to practice your basic addition facts, click on this timed drill: http://home.indy.rr.com/lrobinson/mathfacts/mathfacts.html . On the left side of the page, make sure addition is the only skill checked. Practice the Timed Drill until you have reached at least 35 correct in one minute. Your form should look similar to this:
Game Set Up
2. To see if you need to practice addition problems, click here: http://www.rhlschool.com/worksheet.php4?option=add2 . Click on 3 digit Addition. If you scored less than 18 correct on the worksheet, go to New Instruction.
To develop an understanding of what addition is and how to add whole numbers, click here: http://www.kidsolr.com/math/math.html. Click on Addition.
Feedback and Review:
1. To increase your speed, click here: http://home.indy.rr.com/lrobinson/mathfacts/mathfacts.html. Practice the Timed Drill until you have reached at least 35 correct in one minute.
2. To practice your addition problems, click here: http://www.rhlschool.com/worksheet.php4?option=add2. Complete the worksheet.
3. To continue practicing, click here: http://www.spellbuilder.com/cgi-bin/m.cgi?FT=23&F=THRD36. Complete 18 problems correctly.
Transfer of Knowledge or Skills:
1. For a final worksheet, click here: http://www.edhelper.com/numberwordsearch/number_wordsearch36.htm. If you do not have 18 of the 20 problems correct, go to the following:
· Timed Drill:
o Activity: http://home.indy.rr.com/lrobinson/mathfacts/mathfacts.html or
· New Instruction:
o Activity: http://www.kidsolr.com/math/math.html or
· Feedback and Review:
o Activity: http://www.spellbuilder.com/cgi-bin/m.cgi?FT=23&F=THRD36
2. When you have successfully completed this activity, go back to the math home page.