· To become familiar with the rules that governs the use of quotation marks in well-written sentences
· To develop basic skills in the use of quotation marks in well written sentences
· To practice using quotation marks in various writing situations
· To correctly recognize situations where quotation marks are used in a pre-written sentence
· To determine where and under what situations quotation marks should be used within various sentence situations
Click here http://cctc2.commnet.edu/grammar/marks/quotation.htm.
Review the material to become familiar with quotation marks and their use in standard written English. Upon completion of this review, take the quiz on quotation marks by clicking here http://owl.english.purdue.edu/handouts/grammar/g_quoteEX1.html. Indicate proper use of quotation marks in various grammatical situations.
To receive additional instruction and practice on question marks, click here http://owl.english.purdue.edu/handouts/grammar/g_quote.html.
Feedback and Review:
For further practice, click here http://www.iolani.honolulu.hi.us/Keables/KeablesGuide/PartFour/QuotationMarks.htm#1.
Transfer of Knowledge or Skills:
Click here http://webster.commnet.edu/grammar/quizzes/quotes_quiz.htm
for a final review of question marks. If you do not have 8 of the 10 problems correct, go back to http://cctc2.commnet.edu/grammar/marks/quotation.htm and review the rules governing the use of question marks.