· To become familiar with the rules that govern the use of quotation marks in well-written sentences
· To develop basic skills in the use of quotation marks in well written sentences
· To correctly recognize situations where quotation marks are used in a pre-written sentence
The websites below offer several ways in which to review the rules. One way may be more appealing to a learner than another. Take a look at all of the websites to find which one works best for you.
1. Click here to review the basic rules.
2. Click here to review more rules.
3. Click here to review more complex explanations.
4. Click here to review more rules.
Click on the activities below for practice using quotations.
1. Activity #1
2. Activity #2
Feedback and Review:
Click here for more practice.
Transfer of Knowledge or Skills:
1. Click here if you need to review the rules.
2. Now practice writing five sentences of your own using the comma. Share them with your teacher.