· To become familiar with the rules that governs the use of periods in well-written sentences
· To develop basic skills in the use of periods in well written sentences
· To practice using periods in various writing situations
· To correctly recognize situations where periods are used in a pre-written sentence
· To determine where and under what situations periods should be used within various sentence situations
Click here http://cctc2.commnet.edu/grammar/marks/period.htm.
Review the material to become familiar with periods and their use in standard written English. Upon completion of this review, take the quiz on periods by clicking here http://www.smithtownschoolofbusiness.com/katz/punctuation%20quiz.htm. Indicate proper use of periods in various grammatical situations.
To receive additional instruction and practice on periods, click here http://www.oswego.org/testprep/ela4/g/periodsl.cfm.
Feedback and Review:
For further practice, click here http://www.oswego.org/testprep/ela4/g/periodsl.cfm.
Transfer of Knowledge or Skills:
Click here http://cctc2.commnet.edu/grammar/quizzes/punct3_quiz.htm
for a final review of periods. If you do not have 10 of the 12 problems correct, go back to http://cctc2.commnet.edu/grammar/marks/period.htm and review the rules governing the use of periods.