· To become familiar with the rules that governs the use of hyphens marks in well-written sentences
· To develop basic skills in the use of hyphens in well written sentences
· To practice using hyphens in various writing situations
· To correctly recognize situations where hyphens are used in a pre-written sentence
· To determine where and under what situations hyphens should be used within various sentence situations
Click here http://cctc2.commnet.edu/grammar/marks/hyphen.htm.
Review the material to become familiar with hyphens and their use in standard written English. Upon completion of this review, take the quiz on hyphens by clicking here http://www.dailygrammar.com/421to425.html. Place hyphens where they belong in each sentence.
To receive additional instruction and practice on hyphens, click here http://www.economist.com/research/styleGuide/index.cfm?page=738537.
Feedback and Review:
For further practice, click here http://owl.english.purdue.edu/handouts/grammar/g_hyphen.html.
Transfer of Knowledge or Skills:
Click here http://webster.commnet.edu/grammar/quizzes/punct3_quiz.htm
for a final review of exclamation marks. If you do not have 10 of the 12 problems correct, go back to http://cctc2.commnet.edu/grammar/marks/hyphen.htm and review the rules governing the use of exclamation marks.