· To become familiar with the rules that governs the use of exclamation marks in well-written sentences
· To develop basic skills in the use of exclamation marks in well written sentences
· To practice using exclamation marks in various writing situations
· To correctly recognize situations where exclamation marks are used in a pre-written sentence
· To determine where and under what situations exclamation marks should be used within various sentence situations
Click here http://cctc2.commnet.edu/grammar/marks/exclamation.htm.
Review the material to become familiar with exclamation marks and their use in standard written English. Upon completion of this review, take the quiz on exclamation marks by clicking here http://www.oswego.org/testprep/ela4/g/exclamationmarksl.cfm.
Place exclamation marks where they belong in each sentence.
To receive additional instruction and practice on dashes, click here http://www.oswego.org/testprep/ela4/g/exclamationmarksl.cfm.
Feedback and Review:
For further practice, click here http://cctc2.commnet.edu/cgi-shl/quiz.pl/punct_quiz.htm.
Transfer of Knowledge or Skills:
Click here http://www.pacificnet.net/~sperling/quiz/punctuation1.html
for a final review of exclamation marks. If you do not have 7 of the 8 problems correct, go back to http://cctc2.commnet.edu/grammar/marks/exclamation.htm and review the rules governing the use of exclamation marks.