· To become familiar with the rules that governs the use of dashes in well-written sentences
· To develop basic skills in the use of dashes in well written sentences
· To practice using dashes in various writing situations
· To correctly recognize situations where dashes are used in a pre-written sentence
· To determine where and under what situations dashes should be used within various sentence situations
Click here http://cctc2.commnet.edu/grammar/marks/dash.htm.
Review the material to become familiar with dashes and their use in standard written English. Upon completion for this review, take the quiz on dashes by clicking here http://cctc2.commnet.edu/grammar/quizzes/punct_fillin.htm. Place dashes where they belong in each sentence.
To receive additional instruction and practice on dashes, click here http://www.etap.org/langartsfiles/english/grades7-8/langart6/instruction5tutor.html.
Feedback and Review:
For further practice, click here http://cctc2.commnet.edu/cgi-shl/quiz.pl/punct_quiz.htm.
Transfer of Knowledge or Skills:
Click here http://etap.org/cgi bin/quiztest.cgi?languageartsgrades78lesson6practiceexercise65
for a final review of dashes. If you do not have 4 of the 5 problems, correct go back to http://cctc2.commnet.edu/grammar/marks/dash.htm and review the rules governing the use of dashes.