· To become familiar with the rules that governs the use of commas in well-written sentences
· To develop basic skills in the use of commas in well written sentences
· To practice using commas in various writing situations
· To correctly recognize situations where commas are used in a pre-written sentence
· To determine where and under what situations commas should be used within various sentence situations
Click here http://cctc2.commnet.edu/grammar/commas.htm. Review the material to become familiar with commas and their use in standard written English. Upon completion of this review, take the quiz on commas by clicking here http://cctc2.commnet.edu/grammar/quizzes/nova/nova2.htm. Place commas where they belong in each sentence.
To receive additional instruction and practice on commas, click here http://cctc2.commnet.edu/grammar/quizzes/commas_fillin.htm.
Feedback and Review:
For further practice, click here http://cctc2.commnet.edu/grammar/quizzes/nova/nova1.htm.
Transfer of Knowledge or Skills:
Click here http://cctc2.commnet.edu/grammar/quizzes/comma_quiz.htm for a final review of commas. If you do not have 8 of the 10 problems correct, go back to http://cctc2.commnet.edu/grammar/commas.htm and review the rules governing the use of commas.