· To become familiar with the rules that governs the use of colons in well-written sentences
· To develop basic skills in the use of colons in well written sentences
· To practice using colons in various writing situations
· To correctly recognize situations where colons are used in a pre-written sentence
· To determine where and under what situations colons should be used within various sentence situations
Click here http://cctc2.commnet.edu/grammar/marks/colon.htm. Review the material to become familiar with colons and their use in standard written English. Upon completion of this review, take the quiz on colons by clicking here http://www.geocities.com/grammardoc5/colonquiz.html. Place colons where they belong in each sentence, and check your answers at the bottom of the page.
To receive additional instruction and practice on colons, click here http://www.geocities.com/grammardoc5/colons.html.
Feedback and Review:
For further practice, click here http://cctc2.commnet.edu/grammar/ppt/colons.pps.
Transfer of Knowledge or Skills:
Click here http://cctc2.commnet.edu/grammar/quizzes/nova/nova5.htm for a final review of verbs. If you do not have 8 of the 10 problems correct, go back to http://cctc2.commnet.edu/grammar/marks/colon.htm, and review the rules governing the use of colons.