· To become familiar with the rules that governs the use of apostrophes in well-written sentences
· To develop basic skills in the use of apostrophes in well written sentences
· To practice using apostrophes in various writing situations
· To correctly recognize situations where apostrophes are used in a pre-written sentence
· To determine where and under what situations apostrophes should be used within various sentence situations.
Click here http://cctc2.commnet.edu/grammar/marks/apostrophe.htm. Review the material to become familiar with apostrophes and their use in standard written English. Upon completion for this review, take the quiz on apostrophes by clicking here http://cctc2.commnet.edu/grammar/quizzes/apostrophe_quiz2.htm. Identify the use of apostrophes from the provided passage.
To receive additional instruction and practice on apostrophes, click here http://www.etap.org/langartsfiles/english/grades4-6/langart6/instruction3tutor.html.
Feedback and Review:
We use an apostrophe to create possessive forms, contractions, and some plurals. The apostrophe shows where a letter or letters have been left out of a contracted verb.
For further practice, click here http://cctc2.commnet.edu/grammar/ppt/apostrophe.pps.
Transfer of Knowledge or Skills:
Click here http://www.bbc.co.uk/apps/ifl/skillswise/gigaquiz?path=words/grammar/punctuation/apostrophes/&infile=simplequiz1 for a final review of contractions. If you do not have 8 of the 10 problems correct, go back to http://cctc2.commnet.edu/grammar/marks/apostrophe.htm and review the rules governing the use of contractions.