Work Importance Locator
You should be logged into the MCIS home page before you begin this exercise.
Your screen will look something like this:
1. Click Work Importance Locator in the upper left hand corner of the Home screen.
2. Read the Intro page and click Explore your work values .
3. Read Before You Begin and click Place the cards .
4. Place the cards according to what is most important to you. Print and click Get My Results .
5. Print the Result Page.
6. Click [ My Work Importance Locator Scores].
7. Print Using Your Work Values to Explore Occupations. Click [ Save Answers to My CIS Favorites in My Portfolio]. Enter thoughts and click Save Information.
8. Click Home in the upper left hand corner of the screen.
If your counselor has other assessment scores, you may be able to link them to your portfolio using the Assessment Link from the Home page. Use all of your assessment results to review occupations that you might like doing and might be good at. Choose three occupations and research them on the MCIS site by choosing Occupations in the upper left-hand corner.