You should be logged into the MCIS home page before you begin this exercise.† Click here to log in. (This will open in a new window so that you can go back and forth to review the steps.)
Once you log in, your screen will look something like this:
1. Click on Micro-SKILLS under Other CIS Components (Lower Left Hand Corner of Screen).
2. Read the information provided and then click Begin.
3. Note that you can click on Skill Definitions at the bottom of the screen for any skills listed that you donít understand.
4. Select 5 skills that are Very Satisfying to you and then click the Very Button on the right hand side.
5. Select 10 skills that are Moderately Satisfying to you and then click the Moderately Button.
6. Select 20 skills that are Somewhat Satisfying Skills and then click the Somewhat Button.
7. Review your selections and make changes so that the skills selected best represent you.† You can click on a skill and click the Remove button and then add another skill or add that skill to another category as needed.
8. Notice that you can start over at any time by clicking the icon in the upper left corner of the screen.
9. Click Rate Skills.
10. Click Print.† Save these for your notebook.
12. Click Occupation Clusters.† Print results.
13. Click Top 30 Occupations.† Print results.
14. Click All Occupations.† Print results.
15. Click Save Answers to My CIS Favorites in My Portfolio. in the upper right hand corner of the screen.
16. Enter any thoughts you have about your selections in the box.
17. Click Save Information.
18. Click Home in the upper right hand corner to return to the main MCIS page.
Based on the skills you chose as satisfying, the top 30 occupations should be enjoyable for you.† However, if the Holland Codes rating doesnít depict your personality, you may want to complete this exercise again.†