Click here to return to Montana Adult Basic and Literacy Education page.
|Montana HiSET Information||National HiSET Information|
Montana HiSET Information
Resource Date Posted
General Information 6/13/16
8/18/14 4/22/14 4/22/14 4/15/14 1/20/14 12/5/13 12/2/13 11/19/13 11/2013 9/2013 4/2013 4/2013 Marketing
1/14/15 11/10/14 Materials
Math 8/24/15 5//9/15 5/1/15
4/6/15 2/20/15 10/29/14 8/28/14 4/22/14 Practice Tests
Answer Key for Practice Test 1 pdf (free test) (Bob Feist, Lewistown)
Answer Key for Practice Test 1 Publisher (free test) (Bob Feist, Lewistown)
Answer Sheet for Practice Test pdf (Bob Feist, Lewistown)
Answer Sheet for Practice Test Publisher (Bob Feist, Lewistown)
Science Science Instructional Videos Review Project (National)
11/10/14 Science Video List (Bozeman)
Writing 3/23/14 3/23/14 2/2/14 2/2/14 Persuasive Writing Information: The Power of Persuasion (Billings) 1/10/14
Sample Writing Topics (Billings - These topics have not all been tried; list may be updated in future.)
National HiSET Information
HiSET Road Map for Instructors
3/21/16 ETS® Data Manager for The HiSET Test
12/14/15 2016 Writing Response Scoring Guide: NEW
9/5/15 2016 Scored Sample Writing Responses: NEW
9/5/15 2016 Sample Questions: NEW
9/5/15 2016 Test at a Glance: NEW
9/5/15 2016 HiSET Program Manual: NEW
9/5/15 New Individual Report Sample
6/29/15 2014 Annual Statistical Report on the HiSET Exam
6/29/15 Examiner Information: Updated
HiSET Preparation Materials
2015 Test at a Glance
1/25/15 Practice Test Differences
Social Studies Webinar: LINK NOT ACTIVE - ETS IS REDOING WEBINAR.PLAY RECORDING (11 min)
Writing Webinar: LINK NOT ACTIVE - ETS IS REDOING WEBINAR.
PLAY RECORDING (21 min)
1/5/15 Portal Enhancement Webinar
PLAY RECORDING (12 min)
Science Webinar: LINK NOT ACTIVE - ETS IS REDOING WEBINAR.PLAY RECORDING (14 min)
Math Webinar: LINK NOT ACTIVE - ETS IS REDOING WEBINAR.PLAY RECORDING (10 min)
11/3/14 Marketing: HiSET Trifold
ETS July Update: Click here and see Posting #1.
July 2014 Update: Raw Score Change
ETS statement on HiSET Standards Setting Governing Board
Educational Testing Service is committed to the provision of a high quality, effective High School Equivalency Test (HiSET). To achieve this goal, we have partnered with the adult-education administration in states that use HiSET. ETS has appointed a HiSET Governing Board to help us set overall direction for the program, including the setting of standards for performance through a systematic and established standards review process. The Governing Board has a senior-level representative from each state administering HiSET.
ETS conducted a HiSET standard setting in April 2014 which included educators from classrooms in 11th and 12th grade, adult education, and correctional facilities across the country. The standard setting panel provided a performance standard recommendation for each of the subject areas. In June 2014, the Governing Board met and reviewed these recommendations along with information about the current standards and test-taker performance to date. As a result of this review, the Governing Board recommended to ETS an adjusted passing score, which ETS accepted and will implement by August 2014. While the passing scaled score will remain the same, the raw score on each test that maps to that scaled score will change.
The adoption of a revised passing score is consistent with HiSET’s commitment to a phased approach to increased rigor over time. The ETS HiSET program is a partnership with our states and continues to meet changing expectations for high school graduates and what is needed to enter the workforce or college.
July 10 Update:
1. Effective date on the score conversion is July 14th, for all tests scheduled to take place on or after July 14th. If PBT answer sheets are received on or after July 14th, they would be held to the original score tables.
2. Test Centers cannot complete the process outlined in the TCA Notification prior to Monday, July 14th. It would be a futile effort, as the upload will be finalized late Sunday night. Essentially, a test center would end up running the original package, and not the update, causing disruption.
3. Customer Service is conducting outbound outreach calls to ensure CEs received the notification, read the notification and understand the process as outlined in the notification. Their first priority are test centers scheduled to test on July 14th. This effort will continue until they’ve connected with all of our test centers.
4. Unofficial scores will not be reported at the end of the testing until after Wednesday, July 16th. This IS temporary. Unofficial score reporting will resume after the upload is complete and verified.
HiSET Program Administration: Frequently Asked Questions
HiSET Brands (Please read Brand Guide before using brand.)
HiSET Practice Tests: No Cost
HiSET Practice Tests for Purchase
HiSET Prep Crosswalk
HiSET Program News (Directly from HiSET)
Greetings, HiSET States!
ETS and the HiSET Program are diligently working to bring more test centers online and we remain committed to working with all of our stakeholders through every step of this transition. What follows here is this week’s overview of HiSET news and action items. As always, if you have specific questions about anything in your state, please call me directly. In the meantime, the HiSET team looks forward to speaking with you on your weekly program call. Have a wonderful weekend.
HiSET Program News
· We are excited to announce that in order to help candidates better prepare for their high school equivalency exams ETS and Aztec Software Inc. are releasing a computer-based practice exam along with specially designed general test preparation materials for the HiSET Program. The computer-based practice test and the practice materials will be released in the coming weeks
· In order to expand student access to affordable college and career advancement opportunities, the University of Phoenix has begun accepting the HiSET exam as proof of secondary school completion.
· The HiSET Program has tested 341 high school equivalency candidates since Jan. 2.
· There are almost 1,000 test takers scheduled to take the HiSET exam.
HiSET Action Items
ETS has identified a statistical error in the scoring of the HiSET Exam which requires that scores be reviewed and reissued for a small number of test takers. This process is underway and scores will be delivered by the end of January. Individuals who took the HiSET Exam and have not yet received their scores will be able to view them online at the end of January. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.