Montana LINCS Update
Greetings from Montana LINCS
Problems with the links in the email?
Go to the Email Archives in the upper left-hand corner on the home page at http://www.nwlincs.org/mtlincs/index.htm
HiSET Registration Portal Now Open
HiSET website: http://hiset.ets.org/
2. MTLINCS Research 2013-2014: Improving Adult Literacy Instruction – Options for Practice and Research
Review Research Postings!
Click here http://www.nwlincs.org/mtlincs/opi/research/able_research_2012-2013literacy.htm to access 2013-2014 research postings from Improving Adult Literacy Instruction. Click here to email questions or comments.
Taken from OVAE Connection
OVAE recently released infographics with the title Tapping the Potential: Profile of Adult Education Target Population. These profiles are available for each of the 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as for the country as a whole. Using Census data, the profiles display the percentages of adults without a high school credential or English proficiency by age, gender, race, and ethnicity, and their participation rates in the labor market and in adult education. The graphics also cover both the federal and state investment in adult education by year for 2009 and 2010.
Click here http://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ovae/pi/AdultEd/state-profiles/montana.pdf to access the Montana profile.
Click here http://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ovae/pi/AdultEd/factsh/us-country-profile.pdf to access the national profile.
Taken from LINCS Career Pathways
Announcing the Youth and Adult Pathways Event Series & Microgroup:
The Youth and Adult Pathways (YAP) Event Series is an OVAE project executed by the Manhattan Strategy Group. The project aims to complement and enhance OVAE’s past and ongoing career pathways work by bringing the career and technical education (CTE) and the adult education communities together. We invite all interested members to join this new microgroup found in the Career Pathways group! Read more about YAP activities here: https://community.lincs.ed.gov/notice/announcing-youth-and-adult-pathways-event-series-microgroup
Taken from LINCS Career Pathways
Best Practices for Career Pathways and Credentials
January 10, 2014
11:00 AM – 12:30 PM
States and local areas across Region 5 are developing Career Pathways models to better align education and training programs with employer needs. This webinar will highlight two of those models to provide specific “how-to” information for others interested in developing Career Pathways initiatives. Presentations will cover:
· The “Six Key Elements” critical to successful Career Pathways models
· The ideal state/local governmental structure to support Career Pathways models
· Key partnerships needed to fully implement Career Pathways
· Strategies for effectively engaging employers to inform training design & delivery
· How Career Pathways can integrate with and positively impact local workforce development systems
This webinar will include an interactive question and answer period. Attendees who are new to Career Pathways or those seeking more in-depth information are encouraged to review the Career Pathways Toolkit prior to the webinar:
Registration for this Webinar is limited and seating is on a first-come, first-served basis. Please register today!
Instructions for registering
1. Click here.
2. Click the "Login Now" button and type in your email and password. Then click the “Reserve Seat Now” button. If you haven't updated your password within the past 90 days, you will be prompted to do so. If you do not have a Workforce3 One account yet, you must create and activate an account before you can register for the webinar. Click here to create your free account. Once you’ve created and subsequently activated your Workforce3 One account, please refer back to this email so that you may register for the free webinar.
3. Once you have registered for the webinar event, you will receive an email with detailed instructions for accessing the webinar. We ask that you listen to the audio portion of the live webinar via Internet Telephony (through your computer speakers). You will also be supplied with a teleconference number and access code if you must join using a telephone. If possible, we encourage you to use Internet Telephony, as we are limited in the number of teleconference lines and the more people that use Internet Telephony, the more capacity we have for those that must join using a telephone. If anything changes and you no longer wish to attend, please go to your dashboard on https://www.workforce3one.org/ and remove your registration.
PLEASE NOTE: If multiple participants from the same location are joining the live event, we encourage you to join at one location. This will allow for a larger number of participants to attend.
Taken from LINCS Notice
LINCS is Counting Down to 2014!
The mission of LINCS is to provide the adult education field with high-quality resources to help educators provide the best learning opportunities to students. In this season of giving, we're counting down to 2014 by highlighting a LINCS resource every week day on our social media sites.
If you have not already done so, please follow us on Twitter (@LINCS_ED) or join our LinkedIn network (LINCS_ED group) to make sure you don't miss the resources highlighted in each of LINCS' 16 topic areas. Be sure to share our posts with your friends and colleagues!
Please note: Even if you don't have a Twitter or LinkedIn account, you can still view our posts on Twitter. We'll also update this announcement each day with the newly highlighted resource!
The LINCS Community
P.S. Remember -- if you are having trouble with the links in this email, go to the Email Archives at the top of the MTLINCS homepage at http://www.nwlincs.org/mtlincs/ . Also if you no longer wish to receive this mailing, please let me know! Thanks!
Adult Education Center
415 N. 30th
Billings, MT 59101