Montana LINCS Update
Greetings from Montana LINCS
Problems with the links in the email?
Go to the Email Archives in the upper left-hand corner on the home page at http://www.nwlincs.org/mtlincs/index.htm
1. Montana ABLE Policies and Procedures
Click here http://www.nwlincs.org/mtlincs/opi/pp/mt_able_policies_and_procedures.htm to access Montana ABLE Policies and Procedures.
· Accepting TABE Scores from Other Facilities http://www.nwlincs.org/mtlincs/opi/pp/Accepting_TABE_Scores_from_Other_Facilities.pdf
· Social Security Numbers for Students http://www.nwlincs.org/mtlincs/opi/pp/Social_Security_Numbers_for_Students.pdf
2. Montana Distance Learning: Best Practice - Resources
Click here http://www.nwlincs.org/mtlincs/opi/DL/distance_learning2012_powerpoint.pdf to download a pdf of the Distance Learning PowerPoint presented during a Montana ABLE Distance Learning conference call on March 2.
Click here http://www.nwlincs.org/mtlincs/opi/DL/dlresources.htm to access all other documents presented during the MT DL Conference Call.
3. MPAEA Conference 2012 in Helena: Outstanding Montana Student Award
MPAEA Outstanding Student Award
During the conference, MPAEA would like to acknowledge a quality student from each Montana program.
· One student will be recognized from each program that nominates a student. The form must be completed, saved, and emailed to Ellen Guettler at email@example.com .
· The student should have been enrolled within the program year and have made significant progress or have had a positive impact through example on fellow students in the program.
Click here http://www.nwlincs.org/mtlincs/mpaea/MPAEA_Outstanding_Student_Award_Nomination_Form_2012.doc to access the form! Deadline is Friday, March 16 at 5:00 p.m.
4. Transitions: Minnesota FastTRAC Adult Career Pathway Model
Taken from LINCS Transitions Discussion List
Minnesota has recently received legislative approval to implement its FastTRAC adult career pathway model. FastTRAC—training, resources and credentialing—is a collaboration among state, local, and national partners to align their resources to achieve long-term outcomes for adult learners and to meet the common skills needs of Minnesota businesses. By 2013, community and technical colleges may offer FastTRAC programs and Minnesota’s Adult Basic Education (ABE) system will be a required partner in all of them. Pairs of ABE and college instructors will co-teach bridge and integrated courses for credit.
To make attaining a postsecondary degree manageable and to ensure employment, the program provides basic skills, targets occupations in high demand by local employers, and is tailored to adults who are managing many responsibilities, such as working full-time and taking care of a family. Career and academic advising and support services, such as childcare and transportation are offered. To date, 88 percent of participants in FastTRAC credit-bearing, integrated ABE/postsecondary courses have successfully completed.
Please visit the FastTRAC website at http://www.mnfasttrac.org/ for more information.
5. Workplace - Career Pathways Toolkit: Six Elements for Success
Taken from LINCS Workforce Discussion List
Click here http://www.nwlincs.org/mtlincs/opi/CP/CareerPathwaysToolkit2011.pdf
Developed for the U.S. Department of Labor, Employment and Training Administration by Social Policy Research Associates, the Career Pathways Toolkit: Six Key Elements for Success offers a clear and user-friendly road map for those seeking to develop career pathway systems at local, regional, and/or state levels. It details the Six Key Elements Framework, highlights promising practices, and provides tools designed to support visioning and strategic planning. Check out the Toolkit online by clicking here. See other resources and tools for developing career pathway systems on the Career Pathways Initiative Community of Practice.
P.S. Remember -- if you are having trouble with the links in this email, go to the Email Archives at the top of the MTLINCS homepage at http://www.nwlincs.org/mtlincs/ . Also if you no longer wish to receive this mailing, please let me know! Thanks!
Adult Education Center
415 N. 30th
Billings, MT 59101