Montana LINCS Update
Greetings from Montana LINCS
Problems with the links in the email?
Go to the Email Archives in the upper left-hand corner on the home page at http://www.nwlincs.org/mtlincs/index.htm
1. Montana ABLE Content Standards Lesson: Lesson #7 Math
Standards MA 6.7
Click here to access CS Sample Lesson 7: Math 6.7
Solve Problems Using Conversions of Units of Weight, Length, Capacity and Time
All Future Lessons
Click here to access all lessons posted. http://www.nwlincs.org/mtlincs/opi/CS/cslessons.htm
Don't forget! Lessons will also be linked from the Content Standards. Linked lessons are highlighted in yellow. http://www.nwlincs.org/mtlincs/opi/CS/MTABLE_content_standards_2009draft1.0.pdf
2. Distance Learning Research #6: Blended Support
Click here to check out Distance Learning research #6 on Language/Literacy Level Summary. http://www.nwlincs.org/mtlincs/opi/RI/riresearch.htm
3. Student Resource for Online Tutorial for Researching Online
Click here to check out an online tutorial you may want your students to access – nicely done and current!!! http://kognito.com/clients/rutgers/infolit/
4. MPAEA Awards
Click here to access information about MPAEA Awards – DUE 2/12/2010. http://www.mpaea.org/awards.htm
5. ESOL - CAELA Newsletter
The CAELA Net quarterly newsletter, Network News, is completed and posted on the CAELA Network Web site; it can be downloaded at http://www.cal.org/caelanetwork/resources/newsletter/dec09.html
This online newsletter has also been sent to subscribers. (to subscribe, go to http://www.cal.org/caelanetwork/resources/newsletter/join/index.html)
In this issue, there are articles on the following, with links to more information about some of the topics:
1. A new, downloadable brief from CAELA Network on managing programs for adults learning English, completing the series for program managers. The series includes two other briefs on observing and providing feedback to teachers, and on supporting and supervising teachers of adults learning English
2. The annual meeting of the CAELA Network’s advisory board with information on topics for publications from the CAELA Network in 2010.
3. The work being done in professional development in Iowa for practitioners working with adults learning English
4. Upcoming conferences of interest to practitioners working with adults learning English
6. Workforce Investment Act Reauthorization Article
Click here to read an article entitled Workforce Investment Act Reauthorization: Will the Past be Prologue?
7. LINCS Update
Welcome to LINCS Resource Collection News! Each month, we will feature one of the three LINCS Resource Collections—Basic Skills, Program Management, and Workforce Competitiveness—and introduce research-based resources that you can use in your adult and family literacy programs and classrooms. This edition features the Program Management Collection, which covers the topics of Assessment, Learning Disabilities, and Program Improvement.
What’s New in
the Program Management Resource Collection?
8. Where in the World
Click here (http://www.nwlincs.org/mtlincs/opi/opiableww.htm) to find out WHO MTLINCS has captured now? Life is much clearer for this Montana ABLE individual! SEE who this is!!!
P.S. Remember -- if you are having trouble with the links in this email, go to the Email Archives at the top of the MTLINCS homepage at http://www.nwlincs.org/mtlincs/ . Also if you no longer wish to receive this mailing, please let me know! Thanks!
Adult Education Center
415 N. 30th
Billings, MT 59101