Montana LINCS Update
Greetings from Montana LINCS
Problems with the links in the email?
Go to the Email Archives in the upper left-hand corner on the home page at http://www.nwlincs.org/mtlincs/index.htm
1. MTLINCS Survey Results Now Posted
Click here http://www.nwlincs.org/mtlincs/MTLINCSsurvey_results_1-24-10.pdf to peruse the results from the MTLINCS Survey. Thanks to all who participated in posting to the survey and the MTLINCS Musing! Please continue to share concerns or observations.
2. WIA Reauthorization Community Conversations Transcripts and Summaries
Most summaries and transcripts from the WIA Reauthorization Discussions have been posted. Remember - each category had posted questions that were topic specific based upon the discussion group. So check out the responses to the NIFL Discussion threads in which you are interested.
· Adult English Language Acquisition Discussion Summary – Moderator Miriam Burt: http://www.nifl.gov/pipermail/englishlanguage/2010/005368.html
· Assessment Discussion Transcript – Moderator Marie Cora: http://wiki.literacytent.org/index.php/Assessment_and_WIA_Reauthorization
· Diversity and Literacy Discussion Summary – Moderator Daphne Greenberg: http://www.nifl.gov/pipermail/diversity/2010/003580.html
· Learning Disabilities Discussion Transcript – Moderator Rochelle Kenyon: http://wiki.literacytent.org/index.php/Learning_Disabilities_and_WIA_Reauthorization
· ReadWrite Discussion Summary and Transcript – Moderator Daphne Greenberg: http://www.nifl.gov/pipermail/readwrite/2010/000332.html
· Technology Discussion – Moderator Nell Eckersley: Stay tuned!
· Transitions Discussion – Moderator Ellen Hewett: Stay tuned!
· Workforce Discussion Transcript – Moderator Dr. Donna Brian: http://wiki.literacytent.org/index.php/Workforce_and_WIA_Reauthorization
3. Discussion about 60 Hour Rule
Interested in what others are saying about the 60 Hour Rule? Click here http://www.nifl.gov/pipermail/transitions/2010/date.html to read postings from your colleagues throughout the nation regarding the 60 Hour Rule. You may want to scroll down to message 280 and read up from there for a sequential understanding of what has been written.
4. Montana ABLE ShopTalk Posted
Click here for Montana ABLE ShopTalk PowerPoint .
Click here for Montana ABLE ShopTalk pdf .
5. Reading: Assessment Strategies and Reading Profiles (ASRP) Discussions
January 26, 2010
New Developments in both Individual and Large-Scale Adult Literacy Assessments
Guest-discussant: John Sabatini (ETS)
Moderator: Marie Cora
Discussion List: Assessment
To join any or all of the four special discussions, as well as the regular
LINCS Discussion Lists, go to:
P.S. Remember -- if you are having trouble with the links in this email, go to the Email Archives at the top of the MTLINCS homepage at http://www.nwlincs.org/mtlincs/ . Also if you no longer wish to receive this mailing, please let me know! Thanks!
Adult Education Center
415 N. 30th
Billings, MT 59101